Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Short honeymoon

My husband's middle son Justin was shot and killed just a few short weeks after we got married. It understandably sent my husband into a severe depression. At first he shut me out not wanting to burden me with his pain. I understood and continued to stay by his side and offer as much help as I could. Every year beginning around our anniversary the depression comes back. It doesn't help that November 12 is my husband's birthday and the 15 is Justin's then come the holidays, it hits him hard until about mid February and by then his seasonal depression is in full swing, well we both get that. However instead of pushing us apart like it does most couples it brings us closer. We cling to each other like a lifeline in the storm. This year we took in Justin's 11 year old son just after Thanksgiving. It has been hard since he looks and acts so much like Justin, but it seems to have given my husband a new focus and his depression lifted much earlier this year. He actually enjoyed Christmas again and his seasonal dressions even seems less this year. Our Grandson comes with a whole passel of issues we have help him to over come but again that might be the blessing my husband needed to help shift his focus. 

No comments:

Post a Comment